Dr. Dave Cornelius
Is Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) a topic of conversation in your organization? If it is, have you thought about how to implement as a sustainable practice? If you are not discussing DEI, have you asked why not?
Identity, Power, and Privilege are the core themes of DEI. The discussion around these three themes produce high emotions that often cloud the desired outcomes, which is to ensure people have an equitable opportunity in the workplace and society.
- Establish working agreements
- Why DEI matters?
- Explore and practice how to discuss Identity safely
- Explore and practice how to discuss Power safely
- Explore and practice how to discuss Privilege
- Awareness - storytelling and leadership support
- Building - working with outside experts, HR, and internal community
- Elevating - emergent leadership and the marginalized
- Sustaining - culture shift and growth mindset
- Tools for experimenting with DEI activities
- Simulate implementing a DEI program
- Debrief Session
At the conclusion of this workshop the attendees with be able to:
- Discuss Identity, Power, and Privilege safely
- Understand the power and benefit of a DEI ally
- Apply the awareness, building, elevating, and sustaining model to implement DEI
About Dr. Dave
Dr. Dave's workshop "A Recipe for Implementing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)" is built on experience, scholarship, and an agile mindset. Dr. Dave Cornelius is an award winning and industry recognized leader in lean and agile practices, and digital transformation strategy, who leads and empowers others to achieve their awesomeness. In his 30-year career, he has delivered over $1 billion in value through technology innovation from concept to cash, in multiple industry domains.
Learn more about Dave by visiting www.Dave-Cornelius.com or on LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/in/daveauck/ . You also can follow Dave on Twitter @DrCorneliusInfo.
Community and Philanthropy: