Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ
Open Space Technology is one way to enable all kinds of people, in any kind of organization, to create inspired meetings and events. Over the last 20+ years, it has also become clear that opening space, as an intentional leadership practice, can create inspired organizations, where ordinary people work together to create extraordinary results with regularity.
What is Agile Coach Camp?
Agile Coach Camp is a peer-to-peer learning, exploration, and action based event that occurs in an Open Space environment. Agile Coach Camps are held worldwide in a variety of countries. What is common amongst all of them are the tenets of being invitational and open, participatory and engaging, and emergent in nature. Most, if not all, Coach Camps to date use Open Space Technology to meet these tenets. This allows attendees to focus on what interests them — they co-develop the agenda and then have discussions around it. This helps coaches hone their craft in unique ways that resonate with their needs, not what others think they may need.
What is the value of the Thursday Workshops?
The intent of the Thursday Workshops is provide deep dive sessions led by industry subject matter advisers that will allow intimate learning experiences for attendees.
How do I participate?
Be a Convener.
- Proposing a topic and adding it to the Marketplace
- Negotiating with other conveners as necessary to determine where and when the discussion will take place
- Convening the discussion, welcoming the participants, and inviting them to contribute to the discussion
- Ensuring that the results of the discussion are captured and recorded so they can become part of the proceedings
Be an Attendee.
- Register for a session listed by a Convener
What are the guidelines?
The Five Principles (in no particular order…)
- Whoever comes is the right people
- Whenever it starts is the right time
- Whatever happens is the only thing that could have
- When it’s over, it’s over
- Wherever it happens is the right place
The One Law: Law of 2 Feet
- If at any time during our time together you find yourself in any situation where you are neither learning nor contributing, use your two feet and go someplace else.